Current products available at Animal Medical Center of Brooksville for heartworm prevention, flea control and multiuse products offering cross-protection for heartworms, fleas, intestinal worms and various other forms of protection.
While there are many products available nationwide, we have selected products we feel are superior in each of their respective categories to offer to our clients.
We offer two primary products that offer protection for heartworms, three intestinal parasites (hook worms, round worms, whip worms), and fleas.
- Trifexis (Elanco) is a monthly pill that protects for heartworms, three intestinal worms, and fleas for dogs.
- Advantage Multi (Bayer) is a monthly topical formulation that also protects for heartworms, three intestinal worms, and fleas. It is available for both dogs and cats.
Heartworm/Intestinal Parasite Products
- Heartgard (Merial) is a monthly chewable cube that prevents heartworms and two intestinal parasites (hook worms and round worms) for both dogs and cats.
Flea and Tick Products
- Nexgard (Merial) is an oral medication that is a preventative for both fleas and ticks. This is a monthly chewable for dogs.
There are several products that Animal Medical Center of Brooksville has available for flea prevention.
- Comfortis (Elanco) is a monthly pill available for both dogs and cats.
- Activyl (Merck) is a topical, non-prescription, flea only product for both dogs and cats.
- Capstar (Elanco) is a short acting pill that can be given to both dogs and cats for immediate flea control.